M-Bet | Responsible Gaming
Here at M-Bet we want you to enjoy your online gambling experience. We work with our regulators in an attempt to offer a range of control tools that those who are experiencing difficulties may use.
Remember though that whilst gambling operators can provide tools with which an individual can control their gambling, the operator cannot assume all responsibility for exercising that control. There has to be a large element of personal responsibility. Use the tools we offer or, if you think you will try to circumvent them, please do seek advice from a specialist gambling charity.
Throughout this section we offer you guidelines & instructions on how to monitor your, a family member's or a friend's gambling to ensure that it does not become a problem.
Are you a concerned friend or family member?
We offer a comprehensive guide with several options on how to support someone with a gambling issue and how to manage it. The following questions can be considered by the individual themselves or by their friend or family:
- Do you stay away from work or college to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from problems in your life (boredom, unhappy home life etc.)?
- If you run out of money when you're gambling do you feel lost and in despair, and want to find money to gamble again as soon as possible?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or pay gambling debts?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even if it is for your bus fare home or for food?
- Are you getting into debt because of your gambling?
- Have others ever criticised your gambling?
- Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or other pastimes
- Do you put gambling before your family and other loved ones?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble more?
- Do you feel depressed or suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you or your friend/family member answers 'yes' to these questions, the more likely it is that you or they may have a gambling problem.
Gambling problems can be far reaching and can have a significant impact on people's lives.
Follow these simple steps to manage your gambling:
- Establish limits for purchasing, wagering and even losses before you start gambling.
- Set a Daily Deposit Limit on your account.
- Set yourself a time limit before you start gambling and stick to it by setting an alarm.
- Don't let gambling interfere with your daily life; ensure you have completed all of your daily responsibilities before you start gambling.
- Do not turn to gambling as an alternative source of income or as a way to recoup debt.
- Do not gamble if you are in recovery for any dependency or if you are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance
In Zambia it is illegal for someone who is under the legal age to gamble. M-Bet reserves the right to ask for proof of age from any customer and to carry out checks to verify the information provided.
Customer accounts may be suspended and funds withheld until satisfactory proof of age is provided. The legal gambling age varies according to country and we advise you to carry out local research.
Many thanks, M-Bet.